Working from home is a dream for many freelancers, entrepreneurs, and professionals in many industries, alike. The idea of being able to set your own schedule and work in the comfort of your own home with none of the distractions that come with working in an office sounds like a perfect formula for success, right? Great news: when it comes to productivity, there are a ton of great pros to working at home and some great ways to make sure you stay on-task and productive.
Does Working from Home Make Us More Productive?
Working from home has always had a bit of a stigma attached to it. Many people don’t take it seriously and think that remote workers are less productive than their in-office counterparts.
This couldn’t be further from the truth.
Studies show that working remotely can actually increase productivity by as much as 13%. The tools of the trade have changed greatly over the past few years, giving remote workers some significant advantages over those who work in an office full time.
Remote workers now have access to quality internet at great prices, instant messaging, video conferencing, file sharing, and cloud storage, making it easier than ever to stay connected with your team, up-to-date on projects and deadlines, and in-touch with clients and customers.
Looking for quality internet in the Fort Collins area? Use our address look-up tool to see if you can get Connexion.
5 Ways to Ensure You Stay Productive While Working from Home
More and more people are working from home. A survey by Slack discovered that, out of 9,000 employees, at least 72% of employees would like to work remotely at least part of the time, and 13% would like to work from home full-time. If you’re one of the people who would like to work full-time or part-time at home, or are about to become one of them, here are five ways to ensure you stay productive.
1. Plan what you will work on the night before. This way, you’ll have a clear goal for the next day, and you’ll be able to start with something small and achievable.
2. Create a distraction-free environment. You don’t need to turn your home into an office, but it’s helpful to find a place where you can work without being distracted.
3. Find a time that works for you. You might prefer working in the morning, or late at night, or on the weekends. Whatever works for you, do it.
4. Make a list of all the things you need to do each day. Start with the most important thing first and work your way down the list. You might want to use a checklist or planner for this. Check off the items when you finish up with them.
5. Try to get up a little earlier than usual so you can get some things done before the day gets started.
Get Reliable Internet to Make Working From Home a Breeze
It’s easier than ever to stay productive while working from home. Connexion delivers the fastest, most reliable speeds to power all of your technology and smart devices in your home. Share, stream, and work without limits or data caps. Best of all? You can connect all the devices in your home at the same time without worrying about performance challenges or overage charges, so you can set up and get to work in minimal time. Talk about being productive!
Get Connexion internet in the Fort Collins area, now. Use our address look-up tool to see if we serve your area!